Those who will undertake the duties of a SPICOP.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Lifesaving Rules.
- Know the role and responsibilities of a PICOP compared to a SPICOP.
- Understand and demonstrate an excellent level of both written and verbal communications.
- Describe the planning process and discuss best practice at meetings.
- Obtain information required for a published possession and worksites.
- State the procedure when a possession is taken and what arrangements used and recorded.
- Demonstrate the procedure for authorising work to start.
- Demonstrate the procedure for authorising multiple train movements.
- State the requirements for using radio communications to control movements.
- State changeover procedures.
- Demonstrate the procedure for suspension and handback of a worksite.
- State the procedure for giving up the possession.
- Be familiar with the duties of a PICOS.
- Understand the LCV process.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO ATTEND THIS COURSE?
- Must hold the required medical level.
- COSS/IWA and PICOP must be held.
- Have a good level of literacy.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I PASS THE COURSE?
Your track safety card will be updated to include Probationary (P) SPICOP. You must complete the SPICOP workplace assessment within 4 months and must be accompanied whilst undertaking the duties until this is done.
Maximum Numbers 6
Initial cost – £313.82 (3 Days) Plus Sentinel Charges of £3.50
Recert – £258.50 (2 Days) Plus Sentinel Charges of £3.50
CHOOSE THE DATES
None of the above dates suitable? No problem. We can arrange courses on request. Please call us on 01925 813897.